we spent hours today looking for great gifts for friends of someone whom we’re staying with soon. man. it’s so hard to buy for people we don’t really know.
- we want the gifts to mean something
- we don’t want to get a gift that people get and go “what in the world were they thinking”?
- we don’t want to get a gift that is once-use, then chuck-out
- to certain cultures, a red money-envelope is a no-no
- apparently store gift cards are thoughtless gifts…
books are easy, but what do people like reading? can you *really* pick it?
what inspires them? what would they like to learn?
do we *really* know?
wouldn’t it just be easier asking our friends and family what they’d prefer for a gift? instead of surprise gifts that we don’t really treasure?
what do you guys think?