in bathroom, DIY, my home, thrifting 6 comments
In this grim financial times, a lot spread around makes all the difference.
I try not to splurge on flowers and fragrances for the home much. After all, when $15 can buy 4 punnets of strawberries enough to supply Hannah’s lunchbox with her morning and afternoon tea munchies for a fortnight, it’s a no-brainer to forgo the lovely bunch of roses. So when I have access to the best mother-in-law and her lovely winter-bursting camellia tree, I try to fill my home as much as possible with bunches of the blooms :)
I am also fond of fresh scents through the home but cannot often afford the $40-50 splurge on my favourite picks from the Abode Aroma range. I know it can last up to three months… and that spreads the costs alot, but it’s been tight times lately.
I’ve recently hit on a great way to spread the aroma around the home!
This is my Lime and Coconut Abode Aroma diffuser. (Did you know you can make it last longer by using way less reeds than provided?)
There were two things that made the lightbulb in my head light up:
1. I wanted that fragrance in my bathroom and other places in my home
2. I had a bottle on my bathroom window sill that … looked so lonesome.
It’s a beautiful wine bottle in the loveliest shade of jewel-blue. I placed it on our bathroom window sill just for some interest in the tiny room. For weeks it’s stood there, mighty lonely…
Remember the 2 premises above? Well, I poured a tiny bit of my Lime and Coconut into the wine bottle, sacrificed one reed… and now my bathroom smells beautiful!
But it was still lonely. Looked odd. So I had enough of it today and went through my things to find it mates…
First, there was this:
The bathroom is blue and there is plenty of light streaming through the frosted glass window, so that would be been nice. But I HATE dusting. And the duo there looked odd.
Furthermore, I like things in groups of three or fives… So I got out another glass bottle I love and added it to that…
Then that quickly got ditched on account of uglyness! The colours didn’t fit.
But I discovered a key: I knew after that attempt that it needed something bluer to highlight the delicate blue tones of the bottle. I raided my dresser and am now happy with my final attempt: