in cooking, my home 1 comments
As fundraiser, most years our church sells boxes of mangoes at ridiculous prices. This year it was $30 for 30 mangoes… and per mango at the grocer is around $3-5… so it’s a darn good deal.
And I’ve made mango gelati/sorbet… And shared a mango every night with the family…
Only 4 left today!
Two nights ago I thought I’d surprise husband and Hannah with a special mango dessert. I hacked a recipe from Australian Women’s Weekly: Fast Desserts. It’s going to be a sure winner to more small summer-time gatherings!
Mango and white chocolate meringue creams:
- 2 medium mangoes chopped coarsely
- 1 cup (280g) thick green-style yoghurt
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- store bought meringue cups or home-made meringue discs
1. Puree one mango and transfer to small bowl. Fold in yoghurt.
2. Beat cream and sugar in small electric mixer until firm peaks form, fold into mango mixture.
3. Break meringue into large chunks.
4. Layer the chopped mangoes, cream and meringue into sweet dessert cups.
Next time I might drizzle melted white chocolate across the dishes…
I’m going to do a mango and sago pudding dessert with two mangoes tomorrow.
Then it will be only 2 left.